Skip to main content

With my aunt - 3

 Next day is no different, only change is I wore less jewellery. Aunt always made sure I was behaving like a lady, covering my breasts, handling pallu, told me to bend my knees,  not by back while picking up something. 

It continued for weeks. I spoke to my parents but didn't tell them about my new clothes. Now every morning, I have to take a bath and wore a half saree by myself. Apply little make and should wear matching jewellery. Then I would help my aunt in kitchen and after breakfast. She would braid my hair and pin flowers in it. 

As months passed, my aunt stopped added extension, now my hair is till my waist. So its long enough to wear a braid. Still occasionally my aunt will add extensions, making my braid to touch my knees. 

Buy next Month, I started to braid my hair on my own. I have to get ready and braid my hair, then I should go to my aunt and she will pin flowers in it. 

My aunt taught me different hair styles also. So one day, aunt handed me a basket 

Aunt - Shivani, inside our compound there are jasmine flowers, so pluck and bring them. 

I was really hesitant. I took the basket and went to jasmine flowers. I plucked them and came inside. 

Aunt took them and sat on the floor. 

Aunt - Shivani sit with me 

I don't know how  to sit on the floor in a half saree. My aunt showed me how to sit ladylike. Then she started to teach me, how to make garlands. It was difficult at first but then I did it. My aunt all garlands and pinned then to my braid. 

Me - aunty, that's a lot 

Aunt - they are not gonna bite you. 

Flowers didn't bite me but they made my braid heavy. 

One day, it was Friday, I was going for a bath. Aunt stopped me and handed me cup. It contains turmeric paste. 

Me - aunt, it's turmeric paste 

Aunt - yeah, so? 

Me - what of I couldn't grow a beard later? 

Aunt - don't be silly. You would grow a beard. Turmeric paste makes your skin healthy. 

It have doubts about it but I added some water and applied it all over my body. When I came out of Bath, my skin was in yellow. Since I took a head bath, I wrapped my hair in a towel and immediately got dressed in  half saree and other necessary jewellery. 

After I came out my room. Both me and aunt did prayers to a tulasi plant. After prayers, I was drying my hair, aunt came to me with some smoke things. Aunt told me it's good for the hair. 

Since then weekly twice I was asked to do a turmeric bath and pray to the tulasi plant and to other God's as well. 

Slowly I noticed my body hair is not growing well. One day as usual after a bath, I was looking for a half saree. 

Aunt - oh you aren't dressed in a half saree. Today you are going to wear a saree. 

I just didn't say anything. I wore the petticoat and the blouse. Aunt took a saree and started to teach me, while she was draping it. Then she made me remove it and Wear it again. I draped it 10-15 times. I was getting better and better. Then she have me a silk saree. She told me it's little difficult than other sarees and draped it. She asked me to get ready soon. Then I wore matching Bangles and other necessary jewellery. I braided my hair and went to the refrigerator. I took flowers in it and pinned them to my braid. I don't know why I did it. It was so natural. 


And it's time to watch our favourite serial. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family tradition - 2

 The day before Diwali, as expected Sumanth was shaving his beard. As he was fully concentrated, he didn't notice Neha standing near him. Just when he was shaving near the mustache, Neha pulled his hand a little. She immediately said sorry but the damage is already done.  When Sumanth looked in the mirror, he was stunned, half of his mustache is gone. He got really angry on Neha.  Neha acted like she was really sorry. With no choice, Sumanth shaved his face.  After shaving his face was burning.  Sumanth, I am really sorry. Here take this, this will help your after shave burns, said Neha.  Sumanth thought, Neha didn't do it voluntarily, so he forgave her.  What is it? Asked Sumanth taking a cream given by Neha Just apply it to your face and shave again, said Neha  Sumanth did like Neha told him. When he saw his face in the mirror, he was stunned. There is no trace of facial hair. It's so smooth.  Sumanth was annoyed of Neha.  When Radha and Anjali saw his face, they surprise

Only way

It's the 2nd time Madhu had a heart attack. If he continues to be stressful then he might not survive the next one, said Madhu's family doctor Kavya to Madhu's wife Anjali and his mom Rekha.  Listening to it they started to cry.  I am telling him to stop working since we have enough money but he is not listening to me, said his wife Anjali with tears in her eyes.  There is something we can do about it, said Kavya My colleague told me about a patient similar to Madhu. He is workaholic and didn't take care of his health and just like Madhu, he had heart attack. To save his life, his wife took a big step, said Kavya and both Anjali and Rekha were listening to it carefully.  They have used hypnosis on him. Instead of him not taking care of his health and his looks, he was hypnotized to look pretty and beautiful like taking care of his hair and make up, said Kavya Listening to it both Anjali and Rekha were little confused but they kept on listening.  Then instead of him goin

Sarees for life - 1

 Anush and Anjali are happily married couple. After one and half year of their marriage, Anush and Anjali are going to visit Anjali's mom, Rekha.  It's a long journey of 12 hours. Both Anush and Anjali are software engineers. They both generally live along with his mom, Rupa and his sister Neha.  After a long journey, they reached their destination.  As soon as they got out of the car, Rekha was there to greet them with a big smile. Anush took out Anjali's bag from the back seat and he kept his bag in the trunk.  He opened the trunk and was shocked to see a can of oil spilled all over his bag. He opened his bag and saw all of his clothes were drenched in the oil.  Why did you keep your bag in the truck? Anjali asked Anush with disappointment.  Rekha intervened and told them not to take this seriously. They can buy clothes in their town.  Both Anush and Anjali knows there no clothes shops near here.  Rekha told Anush to take out the bag from truck and she will take care of t