Skip to main content

With my aunt - 4

 Because of the lock down, I couldn't go to my home and I am stuck here in sarees. 

It's been almost 18 months, so has changed. I couldn't even imagine I stopped watching sports. My aunt always watches serials, so I have to watch serials as well. Now my braid is literally to my hips and I couldn't remember the day I wasn't wearing flowers. I did removed breast forms few times with the solvent. 

     Finally the lock down was over. I wanted to go home. I don't know whether my behaviour is like a man or a woman. 


I was waiting for my parents to come. So one day early in the morning, I went to the bath. When I came out, I saw a silk saree and other required accessories for it. So just like any other day, I neatly made the pleats and pinned the pallu on my left shoulder. I wore a necklace and earring which were in the bed and a golden bangles for each hand. I neatly braided my long hair and pinned the flowers in it .

After getting ready, I came out of my room and I heard few other voices. I recognised it's my mom and dad. I don't want to face then in a saree, so I started to panic. 

Aunt - Shivani, what are you doing here? Your mom and dad are waiting for you. 

I was nervous. 

Aunt - don't worry. Come with me. 

Aunt came to me and with her hands on my shoulder, she walked me to my parents. I was feeling really shy. 

My parents were surprised to see me in a saree. As soon as I saw them, I started to starr at the floor. 


Mom - well well, we have a surprise. 

Mom have a good look at me and my dad was still in shock. 

Mom - Rupa, since how my days he, sorry SHE has been in sarees? 

Aunt - ever since he got here. He helps me in all the household works. He can get ready on his own. Even today, he got ready on his own. 

Mom puts a hand on my shoulder and asked me to sit beside her. I whipped my back and sat on the sofa with pallu on my lap. Mom was surprised and impressed as well. 

Mom - what do you think Aruna (my dad)? 

Dad - I don't know but he is looking really good. His aggressive behaviour is also changed, I am happy for that. 

I couldn't talk much, just one word answers. After having breakfast, I was with my mom. While my dad was carrying lot bags into the car. 

Mom - so, how did it all started? 

I explained everything to my mom. She was impressed with the things I have learnt. Just then aunt came to me. I stood up and she gave me a kiss on my forehead and said thanks 

Aunt - I have packed all of my daughter's clothes and jewellery. They are for you. 

Me - aunt I don't need them 

Aunt - you are the only son and daughter for both me and rekha, I don't want my daughter's clothes to go wasted. 

Mom - shall we go? 

Me - wait, I will change into Pant and shirt. 

Mom and aunt - no no no no 

Mom - anyway we will reach home at 7-8 pm, and mostly we stay in the car, so you need to worry.  You spent so much time to get ready and I don't want it yet wasted. 

They convinced me to go in a saree. My aunt gave me her new footwear. I wore it. My dad sat on the driving seat, while me and my mom say on the back seats. I looked at my aunt and waved my hand. 

Mom - now tell me about everything clearly. 

I started to explain everything to my mom clearly. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family tradition - 2

 The day before Diwali, as expected Sumanth was shaving his beard. As he was fully concentrated, he didn't notice Neha standing near him. Just when he was shaving near the mustache, Neha pulled his hand a little. She immediately said sorry but the damage is already done.  When Sumanth looked in the mirror, he was stunned, half of his mustache is gone. He got really angry on Neha.  Neha acted like she was really sorry. With no choice, Sumanth shaved his face.  After shaving his face was burning.  Sumanth, I am really sorry. Here take this, this will help your after shave burns, said Neha.  Sumanth thought, Neha didn't do it voluntarily, so he forgave her.  What is it? Asked Sumanth taking a cream given by Neha Just apply it to your face and shave again, said Neha  Sumanth did like Neha told him. When he saw his face in the mirror, he was stunned. There is no trace of facial hair. It's so smooth.  Sumanth was annoyed of Neha.  When Radha and Anjali saw his face, they surprise

Only way

It's the 2nd time Madhu had a heart attack. If he continues to be stressful then he might not survive the next one, said Madhu's family doctor Kavya to Madhu's wife Anjali and his mom Rekha.  Listening to it they started to cry.  I am telling him to stop working since we have enough money but he is not listening to me, said his wife Anjali with tears in her eyes.  There is something we can do about it, said Kavya My colleague told me about a patient similar to Madhu. He is workaholic and didn't take care of his health and just like Madhu, he had heart attack. To save his life, his wife took a big step, said Kavya and both Anjali and Rekha were listening to it carefully.  They have used hypnosis on him. Instead of him not taking care of his health and his looks, he was hypnotized to look pretty and beautiful like taking care of his hair and make up, said Kavya Listening to it both Anjali and Rekha were little confused but they kept on listening.  Then instead of him goin

Sarees for life - 1

 Anush and Anjali are happily married couple. After one and half year of their marriage, Anush and Anjali are going to visit Anjali's mom, Rekha.  It's a long journey of 12 hours. Both Anush and Anjali are software engineers. They both generally live along with his mom, Rupa and his sister Neha.  After a long journey, they reached their destination.  As soon as they got out of the car, Rekha was there to greet them with a big smile. Anush took out Anjali's bag from the back seat and he kept his bag in the trunk.  He opened the trunk and was shocked to see a can of oil spilled all over his bag. He opened his bag and saw all of his clothes were drenched in the oil.  Why did you keep your bag in the truck? Anjali asked Anush with disappointment.  Rekha intervened and told them not to take this seriously. They can buy clothes in their town.  Both Anush and Anjali knows there no clothes shops near here.  Rekha told Anush to take out the bag from truck and she will take care of t